The Tax Manager will lead, manage and review multiple complex tax engagements to include individual, fiduciary, partnership and corporate returns. The Tax Manager will manage associates and seniors and be responsible for ensuring tax compliance and efficiency on engagements.
The Tax Manager will train, develop and guide junior staff on tax related issues and firm procedures as the firm believes in mentoring all employees to allow for career advancement and to promote from within.
Our firm offers competitive salary and benefit packages, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, mentoring program for career advancement, continuing professional education, generous paid time off and a 4-day, reduced hour work week in the Summer.
- Delegation of work to staff in line with their experience, capabilities and coordination with partners on all phases of the engagement.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements based on client needs including tax planning for corporations and high net worth individuals.
- Pursue and participate in opportunities to promote the firm within professional and community organizations and taking a leadership role within these organizations.
- Maintain positive client relations.
- Recognize and research relevant tax issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- 5-10 years recent experience in public accounting as a manager or with supervisory experience.
- Expert knowledge in tax laws and strong tax research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong client facing, networking and business development skills.
- Proficient with CCH ProSystems, Engagement, Axcess and Microsoft Office products.