Nick Nichols, CPA, CVA
Nick has prepared business valuations for many companies in a variety of industries, including all forms of organizational structure. Principal uses of these valuations include estate taxes, gifting of ownership interests, personal divorce, business divorce, business succession planning, analysis of buy-sell needs, and business sale or acquisition. He assists with mediation engagements and testifies as an expert witness on valuation matters.
Beyond his business valuation services, Nick has a wealth of tax, accounting, planning and advisory experience that includes regularly assisting clients with business plan development, assisting emerging businesses and start-up companies, obtaining bank/venture financing, contract negotiation, litigation support, succession planning, and personal, financial and investment planning. His clients operate in many different sectors, including high technology, life sciences, publishing, wholesale distribution, manufacturing, health care, professional services and other fields of industry.
- Kansas State University, Bachelor of Science (cum laude) and Master of Science with a concentration in accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Past chair, MSCPA Litigation Support and Business Valuation Committee
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Past President, MA Chapter of NACVA (two-year term)
- Past Chair (3 year term) and continuing member of the Program Committee of the MA Chapter of NACVA
- Boston Estate Planning Council
In recognition of his leadership excellence and outstanding service, Nick received NACVA’s National State Chapter President’s Leadership Award during his two-year term in office.
Nick’s early career includes service as an officer in the United States Air Force, college teaching, public accounting and duties as controller of a successful high technology firm. He is also an umpire for the Metro Boston Amateur Softball Association (ASA) and a graduate of the national ASA umpiring school. He previously volunteered as a coach of local youth basketball, baseball and softball programs for many years.